Friday, October 10, 2014

Day 4 and feeling fine.....

Well, today is my fourth day sober.  I feel a sense of commitment, knowing that I'm on the way.  So far, the biggest changes are a feeling of energy when I usually drag, which I'm sure is no coincidence that I start to drag right before I usually have my first glass of wine.  One thing that I know is normal, but I'm not a big fan of is that I crave sweets.  This is a normal by product of sobriety, and it lasts a few weeks, but I have never been a big craver of sweets.  I like carbs, bread, pasta and the like, but usually don't crave sweets, except now.  I decided not to beat myself up over this.  I need to lose weight but, first things first.  So I have been having a bowl of ice cream after dinner every night, and I'm cool with it because I haven't had wine.  Speaking of wine, I have a great substitute for red wine.  I love a glass of tart cherry juice, and I put it in a special glass to have instead of wine while I'm cooking.  I personally think it is a great substitute for red wine.  Wine is the only alcoholic beverage that I really liked.   I usually drank vodka, or tequila for the mission of getting a buzz (which really ended up getting me drunk) but wine was my thing!  I know going out to dinner won't be pleasurable for a while as I know that it will be difficult without wine.  No future tripping, just for today I will not worry about wine, or alcohol, and just try to make this weekend fun and somewhat stress free. 
My favorite wine substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment