Monday, January 12, 2015

Deprivation......mental clarity

Well, with sobriety comes action.  I am doing things that I have put off, that I have wanted to do, what I haven't wanted to do but needed to do.  Which brings me to the big eating change I am going through.  It is no longer in vogue to say "diet" because we all know that diets don't work.  I am doing the Isagenix "cleanse" to lose weight but it isn't a diet its a lifestyle.  Anyway, I like it because the shakes taste good, I can eat a healthy dinner and I know exactly how many calories I am eating.  The only down side is that there is a two day cleanse every two weeks.  I am HUNGRY!  The good news is that I haven't given a thought to alcohol, but food, oh sweet carbs and food......heavy sigh. 

My sobriety is good.  I feel my life changing in positive ways already.  I am not good with deprivation.  I am not good with no, but I am happy that the deprivation I am feeling today is food deprivation.  Although not that happy.....because I want to eat.  More tomorrow (maybe).  I will be on day two of my two day "super cleanse" tomorrow.  I may be very cranky.  But lighter hopefully, but cranky nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. I'm struggling with the food thing too. It was easier to be sober when I was eating everything in sight but I could not let that continue! Glad you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete