Thursday, January 8, 2015

Culinary dreams and enjoying a nice glass of wine. Day 8

I absolutely love to cook.  I'm addicted to cookbooks, cooking shows and cooking blogs.  I think the biggest disappointment I have had is that I haven't ever been able to just enjoy a glass of wine.  A glass of wine would be cruel.  It wouldn't be fair, it would be the beginning of a lot of heartache, or longing.  But it always looks good.  I watched Top Chef last night and watched the chefs drink a glass of wine with Jacques Pepin and my first thought is that he has one bottle of wine for six people.  THAT is why I am not like others that can actually enjoy one glass of wine.  One thing that I always notice is when people actually LEAVE WINE IN THEIR GLASS!  Crazy talk. 

It is something that I have to accept.  I can't enjoy alcohol, I can enjoy food without alcohol, and my life is better without.  One other thing that I can honestly say, when fine dining I used it as a license to drink as much wine as I wanted which would ruin the enjoyment of the food.  Seriously, if you are obsessing over how much wine is left, how can you enjoy the food?  Welcome to day 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment