Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day seven....I'm in heaven.....not literally....

Well, its been awhile, I decided it was too difficult to quit and stay quit over the holidays.  I felt guilt, shame, and regret, but also resigned.  What a difference a year makes.  I am on day seven and I feel great.  I had one day of alcohol craving, more escape craving but other than that this is going smoothly.  I'm on fire at work, I have been social, energetic, and just plain happy.  Pink cloud?  Yep, but I think I'll ride it out.  I am doing this, I feel different.  Once I make it to Saturday, it will be the longest I have been sober in three years.  This is it, it has to be.  I am doing Belle's 100 day challenge.  I know if won't be easy, but I am going to do this.  Life feels better without the lethargy of alcohol.  I essentially shut down in the evening.


2 comments: