Saturday, January 24, 2015

Best laid intentions and miscellaneous stuff......

Let me start out by saying, its Day 24 and I....AM....STILL....SOBER!  This is the longest in over three years! I am mostly doing well.  I have had my moments of pity party.  Last night was one.  Fridays are just hard.  I loved Fridays because the after work happy hour(s) were not unusual in most people's worlds.  I could say out loud in the office, "Whew what a week, I need a glass of wine." Of course everyone commiserated and agreed.  It was a festive feeling.   The fact of the matter is though, I always drank too much on Friday nights.  It was freedom zone, no work tomorrow, and I would drink too much and feel like crap on Saturday morning.  The pattern was always the same, feel like crap on Saturday, and fairly depressed all day.  I would eat junk food because I already felt like crap, and there was nothing so good as a greasy burger and fries to make myself feel better.  

Saturday night was usually a slower drinking night.  Notice I didn't say a non-drinking night.  Sunday would start out feeling okay, and by Sunday afternoon I was in a full on depression.  Had to have wine with dinner, wine after dinner, and Granny before bed.  My worst hangovers were on Mondays.  I am thankful that I don't have to do that anymore.  Weekends are about the days and not the nights so I try to do things I haven't done in a while because I was either hung over, too tired, too depressed or too lazy.  It is amazing how lazy I am when I'm drinking.  

So, lets end with a positive.  I am at work this morning, doing a few things that need to be done, and then I'm off the rest of the weekend and I plan to have fun.  I am going to see American Sniper today,  and I am going to have fun tomorrow.  

Happy Weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment