Friday, November 14, 2014

Annoying company functions

Day three and I'm pooped!  So, yet another function tonight.  Tonight was a company meeting.  My alcohol story tonight was that there were drink tickets handed out when you signed in.  Yes, there was beer and wine and no soft drinks.  Seriously?  I had an Odouls which I know is a trigger for some people but I only drank beer occasionally and it was not on my list of "go to for drunkeness" so I don't feel bad.  It was the only "soft drink" available.  It really helps me to have something in my hand, soft drinks, or water, but it is something I never noticed throughout my drinking career how difficult it can be sometimes to get something non-alcoholic to drink at an evening function.  Especially if the drink tab is picked up by the company or host/hostess, the assumption is made that you will drink especially if you don't have to pay. 

Ahhhh.....the fallacy.  Anyhoo, I'm home, I'm tired and I'm sober.  It was a long day but I feel great!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment