Wednesday, November 12, 2014

100 day challenge Day Two....

So today is day two.  I had a good day at work, stayed in the zone until the end of the day and frankly work things started falling apart.  I usually like to cook, its a good end to the day.  Its a bit hard because I used to get a thrill about being able to open a bottle of wine while testing my culinary skills.  It was the idea of it, it was never as exciting as I played it up in my mind.  But you know, I think its the Bengal tiger of the marketing of wine and alcohol.  Its never been like it is billed to be.  I made a pork tenderloin stuffed with bacon and smoked gouda, sauteed spinach, and mashed potatoes.  Sound good?  It just didn't come together, like my day.  The cheese melted out, and the bacon made the tenderloin too salty, the mashed potatoes weren't creamy enough, the spinach had no flavor aside from an over abundance of red pepper.  So, it was Magnum night.  No, not a magnum of champagne, but a Magnum bar.  Mmmmmm.........the point is I am sober.  I will make this 100 days.  I will, its a starting point.  Yes it will be through the holidays, but I will do it!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment