Tuesday, November 11, 2014

So, I have decided to note for the next 100 days, in my 100 day sobriety challenge to note how starting today through the holidays how many people question why I'm not drinking.  It is really funny when you think about it, people question your NOT drinking.  Nobody questions why I don't drink orange juice in the morning, but if you go out or people's houses for dinner, they wonder why you aren't drinking.  I did the same when others didn't drink.  I assumed they were religious, or alcoholics, but more often I thought they wouldn't be fun, they were probably judging me for drinking, and that I didn't want to invite them over for parties.  Pretty messed up!  I bought into the big lie that people couldn't be fun, cool, or the life of the party if they weren't drinking.  Wow!

So tonight I went to a work function, it was from 4-6pm and they were passing canape's and champagne when we walked in the door.  Instant awkward, because when I said no thank you to the champs, I was told in the kitchen there was San Pellegrino in the kitchen.  Of course, there were plastic cups with it, while everyone else was drinking from champagne flutes.  Instant second class citizen status.  It wasn't a problem, just an observation.  So, day one down, 99 more to go on my challenge.  Oh yeah, and it feels strange not to feel drained and foggy while sitting watching television before going to bed.  A very good weird.  More tomorrow.......

1 comment:

  1. I think you will find it less than you expect. I'm almost never asked why I'm not drinking. And I used to have a wine glass glued to my hand!

    ReplyDelete